Sunday, October 7, 2018

Health Update 10/4

It has been awhile since I have posted a health update and there has been lots going.  I had hoped to do a recap of summer fun first.  We'll still recap the summer because we have much to celebrate, but first an update from the Mayo Clinic.


My PSA continues to climb with a doubling rate of monthly. This month the PSA went from 108 to 227.  We had been running out of options for treatment.  Then God blessed us and brought a little gift our way in the form of a stage 3 clinical trial for a new drug looking for FDA approval.

The company producing this drug has a link that does a great job explaining how this drug works.  Over the link below, hold the "Crtl" key down, then click on the link below if you would like to learn more about the drug/trial:

LU-PSMA-617

There were forty positions available for the portion of trial through which Mayo is involved. I made the cut!  😅  My first injection was Wednesday.  The injection has brought no side effects so far other than what has been expected.  (Nausea, constipation, diareha, feeling of tiredness, and some impact on the savory glands.)

Besides the PSA climbing, I have been dealing with pain caused by the cancer in my bones.  I have cancer spots running from my skull to my femors.  My worst pain has been in the lower back and left thigh, and I have a crack in the left #9 rib.  This past week I signed up to work with the local home health group at CHI here in Little Falls along with my local doctor to try and get some relief.  Great people.  With the stronger medsI forgot that I can't drive from doctors appointments that I have and Mary was in a meeting at work.  The nurses got me home.

Besides the PSA climbing, I have been dealing with pain caused by the cancer in my bones.  I have cancer spots running from my skull to my femors.  My worst pain has been in the lower back and left thigh, and I have a crack in the left #9 rib.  This  past week I signed up to have local home health health care to work with me on the pain in conjunction with my family doctor. Great people.  With the stronger meds I cannot drive by myself.  When I was at the doctor's office on Friday, I forgot to arriange for driving so my doctor had his nurses take me home.  I am so blessed!  We did increase the strenght of the med to and will continue to do so/  Want to get things to the point that I have a normal life to live.  I am not dead yet, the fight goes on.

I am not the only person with medical struggles these days.  My sister has been officially diagnosed with PLS.  Not the same as ALS (Lou Gerhigs Diesease), nonetheless there is going to be some life changes for both of us.  With God's love, we still have some great times ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Health Update 10/4

It has been awhile since I have posted a health update and there has been lots going.  I had hoped to do a recap of summer fun first.  We...